RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how hard it is to replace the sunroof drain tubes...I can see that mine have basically disintegrated behind the vents and are letting water leak into the cabins when it rains. I've procured the sunroof drain tubes, now wondering if that's something that is relatively easy to replace (if instructions exist), or am I headed back to my Indy shop to get it done. Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RG or Umberto...might you have instructions or a mechanical diagram on this. My guess is it's a couple hours labor for the left one and maybe 3 hours labor for the right one. Heard that I might have to have the ECU removed to get to the drain on the RHS...does that sound right? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Full on instructions I can't help with.

But it isn't that bad of a job, tedious though. Drop all the upper pillars, and lower the headliner. Rears are pretty straight forward then, just a little tight. LF is simple, again just a little tight, I use a Wurth product Rubber Care(not silicone!) to lube the fitting that goes through the body, makes it much easier, and I really like the proprieties of Rubber Care.

The RF tube is where the job gets tough. The CJB needs to come out, and there really isn't enough room to take it out, 2 difficult connectors on the back of it that are tricky to get undone, and very tricky to get back in later. This gets done blind, and it isn't fun. Once the CJB is out, its not that bad, but there are more wires to deal with routing through than over on the LH side.

It isn't a bad job to do, but that RF tube will have you cursing some, I've done many, and I still do every once in a while. Just be patient with it, and don't force anything.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RG7...appreciate the confirmation here...just had the work done yesterday and all looks good...but as I suspected when messing with the electrical system, I'm now getting today a couple of electrical error messages now that have never surfaced before, so back to the shop to have them fix it in the morning. I had a feeling that with the removal of the CJB it might trigger some electrical issues, and sure enough...an airbag light and a front parking sensor error message now appearing. I can clear the front sensor error message, but my GAP tool won't clear the airbag light message, so back we go tomorrow morning. At 180k miles it's needed a bit of love and maintenance after 9 years on the road, here's to hoping I can now coax another 20-50K out of it before deciding what's next! Merry Xmas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts