RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RRS HSE. My shocks are work out but the bags do not leak. Has anyone done just a shock repacement and is it worth it?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
I can't think of any supplier that provide just the struts. Just the bags yes, there are many. So how many miles do you have and why do you think your struts are worn out?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't think of any supplier that provide just the struts. Just the bags yes, there are many. So how many miles do you have and why do you think your struts are worn out?
I currently have 72000 miles and bought the car with 65000 miles on it. I noticed initially that whenver going over dips or bumps the rear suspensions bounces a few times and doesn’t settle quickly after a bump.

The car came with brand new Pirelli Scorpions which I immediately had road force and high speed balanced as well as a 4 wheel alignment done. I just had the tires rotated and one of the rears had a newly developed heavy spot. Showed up as wheel shake when moved to the front. Had it Road Forced and balanced again. This Is why I believe I have a shock issue in the rear.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've replaced just the rear shocks a month ago on my 2007 rrs. It's pretty straight forward. The only thing I had a problem with was getting the airbag to go back over the o rings on one side, but after a bit of deflating and reinflating the airbags, it eventually worked. It definitely helps if you have a diagnostics tool capable of deflating suspension but still possible without it. I purchased the shocks from a local land rover parts supplier so they're definitely possible to buy.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Wow, WAY too early to have strut issues.

Good news is that if you don't have roll stability your rear struts with EAS bladders are on sale at Atlantic British for $308, part number LR041110 for both sides.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
So that website has no EAS or struts of any kind for Sports. They only show 21 parts total for Sports. Do you not have the part number on some kind of packing slip or order confirmation?

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, I only spoke to them on the phone and they looked it up and ordered it. Assuming you're not in Australia, it would probably be easiest to email them. They're quiet knowledgeable and good to deal with. Otherwise you could always try calling them on +61362486121. That's the international number provided on their website, so they might sell parts internationally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts