RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read lots of guides on how to install the new compressor, and I'm comfortable with that. But if I'm replacing the Hitachi with an AMK style compressor, will my old covers fit?

Also, since I don't want to spend the kind of money an original "AMK" costs, is there a real difference to reliability or performance with the AMK style? Should I save the cost of the software update and new covers (if needed) and get the a replacement hitachi style? I hope to get off for under $500. Suggestions for part sourcing welcome (I'm in Canada but can get stuff from the US)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
No uour old cover will not fit the new AMK and if you want the AMK, order the compressor kit that comes with the cover. Not all the AMK replacements use the same cover. You may want to look at the Hitachi replacement which is a very simple swap.

R

·
0 Posts
Suggestions for part sourcing welcome (I'm in Canada but can get stuff from the US)

Thanks!
I've had really good luck with parts from Atlantic British Ltd. I've ordered at least $1300 worth of stuff here in the past 2k miles: https://www.roverparts.com/
--- If you sign up for their emails they'll also give you a 10% off coupon for your first order ---

Other than that, I highly recommend you just punch in the parts you're looking for (or part #s) into Google and look for sites that offer it cheapest. Once you find a website that appears reputable, Google the name of the website + "coupon" and see what you can find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts