RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing Fuel Pump on a Range Rover HSE 2006. Purchased a Land Rover Fuel Pump (NOT aftermarket). But noticed one slight difference. My original pump harness as a wire connected to pin 6 and it attaches to a metal sleeve on the fuel sending unit. My new replacement part does not have the wire. It seems like its acting as a ground or some sort. Should I be concern my new fuel pump doesn't have this wire? Do you know the purpose of the wire?

Thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed another difference with new fuel pump. The new fuel pump, the wire on pin 4 which leads to the fuel pump as a connector added to it, middle way down, but the old pump no connector on wire. So the connector exposes that wire in fuel tank. Going back to my original post, update... I mentioned the wire for pin 6 on my old pump had a branch wire which connected to a connection point on a metal sleeve on fuel sender, the new pump does not have this branch. This main wire connects to the secondary pickup. The new fuel pump does work and is easy to install.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of those wire differences between old & new fuel pump made a difference. My fuel gauge stopped working.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,165 Posts
There are two different pumps for an 06 to 09 RR. One is part number LR015178 and its used on the naturally aspirated 4.4L trucks. The other is a LR015177 and its used on the SC 4.2L engines. don't really know what the differences are between the two you would think they should be identical. The pictures I've seen of the pumps seem to show a white cased pump for the NA trucks, and a black cased pump for the SC trucks, but maybe that's just different OEM manufacturers. Both have the same part numbers for left and right side tank fuel sensors so the difference must be in the pumps themselves. Make sure you got the correct pump. I'm going to have to dig into my 06 soon as the fuel gauge is starting to act funny. Drops to E every once and a while, and could stay there for a few minutes, or a few days. doesn't seem to be related to any particular level in the tank, or going over bumps, so I don't think its a loose connection, more than likely one of the senders is going bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts