Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
252 Posts
Besides the low-battery life while listening to audio (engine off) I've had some odd events (e.g slow cranking/start, lights flickering, DVD player tanking the whole main screen, etc) which point to a crapped out battery. The Noco charger has restored some life. I put it on a conventional charger for a few hours - that killed it. Conventional chargers are nasty. Anyway, I bought an H8 Everstart from Walmart, charged it with the Genius Noco and is going in tomorrow. H8 is a pretty big battery - I'll do a voltage drop test on Audio only& I bet it's good for a few hours of use.
It would be nice if you can come back to the thread later and confirm that the H8 works with no problems. I have 4 of these H8's on my bimmers (yep, two per car). One car has had the pair of batteries for about 3 years, zero issues. I always have to keep mine topped off using a Ctek charger. It would just be very convenient for me if the rangie can also accommodate the H8. You can't beat the price, availability and quality of the H8.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
252 Posts
I took out an h8 and replaced it with the new H8. Funny when I connected the ground, all the windows, sunroof opened. Starts with vigor now. I am going to connect the GAP tool and see if I need to recode the battery or anything. 2008 SC

I was at a shop and the guys were commenting about the 850's with two batteries. Holy cow electronics were consumptive back then. The Audi A8 they wanted to go 24 or 48V and should have. Would have solved a lot of supply issues, giving some breathing room there.

I also had a 93 V8Q "Verboten" on youtube if you want to see it. Drove it to the wrecker, nobody wanted it:(
Leaked from everywhere.
Small world! Yep, the electronics on the 8 series are finicky...but not too bad. It's worth it becoming familiar with them to enjoy the look of that car. It's all about the maintenance in those cars. The S8 is equally finicky but has more "catastrophic" problems like transmission and timing belts. I'm doing a 6speed manual conversion to mine.

I'll have to look up your Verboten...I own one of the 72 original 5speed V8Q's imported into the US....but you're right...it's currently down due to a fuel leak :).

Reactions: ventogt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.