RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an 07 RR. My stereo stopped working.

My question is simple - if the amp goes bad on an 07 Range Rover, can you replace it with a used amp? Does it need to be reprogrammed?

The dealer is telling me the used amp I bought is VIN locked and can't be reprogrammed. That I must buy a new Land Rover amp. Is this true? Thanks!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
405 Posts
The amp is not contingent on a VIN number so can be swapped to a second vehicle but you must ensure that the replacement amp is the correct, direct swap to the original.

There are two differing levels of amp, both which appear very similar to the casual observer.

Your original amp will have either a small [2]blue square sticker or a small [1]yellow square sticker on the opposite side to the heat sink, with a number.

Make sure that the replacement amp's sticker is the same color ie blue replacement for blue or yellow replacement for yellow.

The yellow is for the premium sound system and includes an additional singular fibre optic output, among other differences.

If your amp is faulty, swapping out for a used replacement should work just fine.

Rob

[FWIW, I've not had very good luck sourcing "good" used amps off eBay etc. The are services available which offer to repair these amps, too.]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts