RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, new to the forum. Just imported a 1986 RRC from Spain and I’m trying to source a couple things: first, recommendations for a shop manual. The commonly available Haynes manual is for petrol trucks, and mine is the 2.4L VM turbodiesel. Perhaps it makes no difference beyond the engine/trans? Also, need some replacement “teddy bear” velour for the front seats. Trying to remain as stock as possible, but the front seats are extra crispy. Thank in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Look for the rave download
It is the digital manual
Mostly rovers are the same up to a 93
Good luck

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nice looking 2 door

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
upholstery shop your safest bet on interior, pre nas import rave I cannot say I have ever seen one. best of luck nice truck.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
We never had Mr fuzz fuzz seats with the high fashion corduroy inserts in the NAS market. Totally agree with the above post. You seats are in pretty good shape, will make excellent templates and any decent auto upholstery shop that specializes in restorations should be able to match fabrics. Check with you local British car club to find out who they use for their obscure non leather interiors. Alot of the fabrics and vinyls were common across makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the input and kind comments. Erica at Dutch Safari Company deserves the credit for tracking it down and arranging import. The “Mr fuzz fuzz” seat description cracks me up. ? Another thing-I’m in Ohio, so anybody that has recommendations for mechanics or other RRC resources in the Midwest, please chime in.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks to all for the input and kind comments. Erica at Dutch Safari Company deserves the credit for tracking it down and arranging import. The “Mr fuzz fuzz” seat description cracks me up. ? Another thing-I’m in Ohio, so anybody that has recommendations for mechanics or other RRC resources in the Midwest, please chime in.
Ah the Dutch Safari Company in Austin no? I drove by them a few times. They know their stuff and I was tempted myself.

So now you are facing the same challenge I do which is that pre-1987 Range Rovers are poorly catered spares wise in the USA, although mine is a V8 which makes a little bit less of a challenge.

You can get a lot of stuff from the UK and typically the vendors (and even EBAY sellers) are very well set up to ship to the US. Most of the time I get things quicker from the UK than from within the US. I even had them sent a new fuel tank over in 3 days and that only cost $25 to ship! Brexit means the pound it tanking and you don't pay the VAT so it is very cost effective. I even buy LR oil filters cheap in the UK.

On the Velour side (btw Velour is french for velvet) new seat covers are no longer available and you will need to go custom. Let me know how you get on with that, my 38k miles 83 has good seats but the Texas sun has faded them badly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts