RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me.

When I bought my RR second hand it only had one remote. Since then I have bought another original remote off the internet. I now need to get this programmed (in Australia) to my current RR settings.

Can anyone let me know who can do this? I assume any RR dealership would be expensive.
Does anyone know who can do this and would I should expect to pay?

Thank you

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
81 Posts
Buy Gap IID tool and do it yourself. You can use IID tool to do a lot of other stuff as well. Totally worth it!!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
713 Posts
You live in Aust - why would you come to a US site to ask Americans where to get a fob key programmed in Aust - why not go to our great Aussie site www.aulro.com and ask your question there - someone local might be able to do it for you.

But as kesop said - a gap tool is a good start but very expensive - in 10 years of ownership I have never needed one but I do have a code reader that has been very helpful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer here in hawaii wanted to charge me $800+ for extra key. The gap tool is just little bit over $500. I’d say buy it! It pays for itself 🤙🏻

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
123 Posts
Either way, one'd need a $500+ upfront cost. Will anyone be willing to rent their tool for one-time use for $10-$25, or any other suitable number? :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lol

sad to say but gap is locked to 1 vin. Not unless someone has the Gap pro which cost over 2000+. It’s a nice tool to have to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can purchase extra vins for it for $80 bucks a pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
123 Posts
Good to know the option. Considering we barely use it, but do need it once a while, maybe a few people could get together to acquire one :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts