RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know where I can get a replacement key fob(s) LR Dealers can’t get it, national back order. I’m on the waiting list for 3 months already.
i need a replacement ASAP. My 2nd fob already giving me issue (have to tap it A few time on a hard surface to lock and unlock the door).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
135 Posts
If you have gap tool there is plenty of them on eBay for 90 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
120 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone here know where I can get a replacement key fob(s) LR Dealers can’t get it, national back order. I’m on the waiting list for 3 months already.
i need a replacement ASAP. My 2nd fob already giving me issue (have to tap it A few time on a hard surface to lock and unlock the door).
This place sells OEM key for $238.

Perhaps give them a call to see if it works?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it’s just the fob we are talking about then yes the eBay you can program for your car but if you want the fob and the physical key then only Land Rover, you give them your vin and it will be programmed from them and you’ll have the key cut by them as well

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it’s just the fob we are talking about then yes the eBay you can program for your car but if you want the fob and the physical key then only Land Rover, you give them your vin and it will be programmed from them and you’ll have the key cut by them as well

The eBay key comes with a blank key. Can we just have a locksmith cut the key?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The $17.00 fob from eBay is aftermarket, anybody have experience using aftermarket key fob? It is a lot cheaper than the Oem fob for $240.00
My understanding is that the 'gap tool' costs $500 --- you'll need that for the $17 eBay key. Unless you can use someone's gap tool, the $238 option is the cheapest.

·
Registered
120 Posts
By the way, here is another thread on this subject:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good plan. Let us how it goes. One of my keys was stolen some time ago. I'm debating whether to get another one. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When ordering key fob from eBay, make sure the FCC ID matches with your original key.

·
Registered
L320 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE Java Black
3 Posts
If you have the Gap tool it can be programmed from a new cut key.
If you’re looking to just replace the shell of the key because the buttons are torn. You can buy any shell on eBay or key as long as it looks original. Open your old key and remove the spring and board along with the key. Inserting these into the new part. Your vehicle will still recognize it. I’ve done this so I know it works. Just be sure the battery is good to go. Otherwise you’ll Definitely need a new key unless you want to buy a battery and are good at soldering.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
Turbostang, I bought a key FOB from Ebay at around $14 bucks. Opened up the old, useless key fob and removed the guts and key. Installed them in the new shell with a new battery and viola, works great. Just make sure, like someone said before, that the new shell matches the vehicle you have. There are multiple videos on youtube on how to open up the old shell. GL

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover Classic
3 Posts
I found a place in England that restores old key fobs. I have not used him but found him through a combination of this blog and internet research. You can contact him at Daniel Dean <[email protected]>. No money up front.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts