RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very cheap option $10 fleebay....small enough you can tuck it in there and it will never see the elements....once setup, even if you loose power it retains the simple latching config you plug in there....
and I just left the old button in place......just an option I thought I would share.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no security issue.......this is item i used....search on fleebay has a wiring diagram on back of it.. 1CH 12V DC Learning Remote Control Relay Switch Transmitter + Receiver HS828

pull power off the juice going to the actuator and then run other side to a ground
then attach the wires coming off the tailgate push button that you want to switch...to the latching part of the relay/switch

works perfectly.....and relay will handle 12amps so you'll be all sorted

just a simple idea that works.....and just leave the old button in there so it retains the stock look and seal...

good luck.....i'm not electrical and it was easy.....oh and google how to setup the way the switch works
and there are a few configs...mine set up so you hit the "a" button on the fob.....and its a momentary switch

good luck

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
972 Posts
a link to the remote would help with some pictures how you set it up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already mentioned above but here it is again..... 1CH 12V DC Learning Remote Control Relay Switch Transmitter + Receiver HS828....search on fleeebay
and sorry no pics as its all back together.....and if my description earlier of how to do this is not enough......I'm sorry but I dont have anymore information
I would only do this if your tailgate button does not work..."if it ain't broke don't fix it "

1 - 9 of 9 Posts