RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just wanted to report back on my installation of new plugs and PCV valve this morning.

On a level of difficulty, i'd say it's a 4 out of 10. I say that because you will need a good set of extensions and the ability to work in tight spaces for the driver side rear most spark plug. The PCV valve is very easy and should be replaced as it comes off during the disassembly process.

The installation took me about 1.5 hours and it was my first time doing it.

Notes:
1. Disconnect the connectors from the passenger and driver side rear most plugs. This is not necessary (at least I didn't do it) for the other six plugs.
2. Carefully remove the heat shield that is directly across from the plugs on the driver side. This gives you more room to work out the plugs.
3. Remove the screw from the hose clip in front of the nearest plug on the passenger side. This gives you more room to work out the plugs.
4. Be careful not to cross thread the plugs going back in.

The car seems to run better but how much better is subjective and psychological. The main reason for changing the plugs is because I don't think the previous owner did any maintenance short of an oil change.

Thanks all.
Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts