RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I replaced the accumulator in my '95 LWB this afternoon. I have to say this was the easiest work I've done to date on the Rover. Easier than changing the oil.

The ABS pump was kicking on after 2 presses of the pedal. Now it is at 9. My pedal has stopped going hard at times (which was scary to say the least). I'm so excited my brakes are finally normal.

I found the accumulator brand new for $163 from British Parts UK. After shipping, which only took 6 days from the UK to Colorado, it was $190. This was far cheaper than anywhere stateside. The cheapest I could find them from a US based company was through Atlantic British. AB sells them for $279 before shipping.

Colin

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm getting the pedal not going hard when pushed as well, it stops fine but maybe it's time to change the accumulator as well especially if it delays having to change the ABS pump. Thanks for the note.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Colin,
Did you also have a noise like a "gieger counter" going off when the brake pedal was depressed? When you say pedal was going hard, similar to having no power brakes?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
cnfowler said:
Yes, Sam, that's exactly what it was doing. And making that noise.

Colin
Great! I posted on this issue a while back, and no one suggested the accumulator. I got a used one from the roverdude, if it fixes the issue I think I'll pick up a new one from the UK store as well.

Thanks for your response Colin, this has been the only frustrating issue with my LWB ownership :)

Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone have a pressure adapter for me to verify the accumulator is bad? I want to double check before I spend $200 on an accumulator.

Thanks,
sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts