RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It's all in the Electrical Troubleshooting manual in RAVE. If you have a P38 but don't have RAVE you are asking for trouble. BeCM is fed from the fusebox under the bonnet on three separate feeds. Where are you seeing 10V from? ECM is also fed from the underbonnet fusebox. Notice the common point here?
Yes sir, I sure do.
The tech at hunt Automotive (who is supposed to he the expert in southwest Florida but not the shop I'm using) said his scanner said it was only getting 10v and said it was a 2005.
Hunt Automotive is the shop who told me to scrap it.
I dont have RAVE but will download it right away. I've been working off the RR service Manuel and electrical Manuel I had downloaded.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Syncmate worked. Now only problem is theres a gear box fault and it will not shift or engage sport mode.

Any ideas?
Could you let us know what the fault was with the Syncmate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It's all in the Electrical Troubleshooting manual in RAVE. If you have a P38 but don't have RAVE you are asking for trouble. BeCM is fed from the fusebox under the bonnet on three separate feeds. Where are you seeing 10V from? ECM is also fed from the underbonnet fusebox. Notice the common point here?
Good morning. What have downloaded is the landrover service Manuel and landrover electrical Manuel. The service Manuel is 1600+ pages and the electrical is 610 pages.
Is this the same as the RAVE? I'm having a hard time finding a good link to RAVE.

I was at the shop yesterday and we do have 13.4 volts while running being fed to the becm. The p0336 code no longer comes up, cleared the gearbox fault p01776 code. The trans shifted from 1st to 2nd then went back to gearbox fault. Now its registering a p0775 code.
Research is telling me it could be the mass air so we cleaned it and no change. The other possibility research is telling me is the crank position sensor but the rover Manuel says if this fails it wont even start... which it does.
3 months now been trying to figure this out.
If rave is something better, do you have a link?
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Link to RAVE is in the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum, although from teh sound of it, what you have is RAVE under a different name. If you suspect power to the BeCM, then check the voltages at the inputs to the BeCM although I don't think this is your problem. I still think it is a connection between the ECM and gearbox.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Link to RAVE is in the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum, although from teh sound of it, what you have is RAVE under a different name. If you suspect power to the BeCM, then check the voltages at the inputs to the BeCM although I don't think this is your problem. I still think it is a connection between the ECM and gearbox.
Ok, here's the latest....

My Manuel is the landrover range rover shop Manuel and I think the same thing as RAVE.

Mechanic got a better scanner to read...
Shows engine at 32rpm. Then throws a p0726 code and a p1775 code.

Any ideas?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
P0726 relates to an engine speed error which with it showing 32 rpm means it realises it's wrong. P1775 is gearbox fault so really you are no further forward. By better scanner, what is he trying to use? Ideally you want an LR specific one. It still all points twoards a wiring fault, especially as someone has been butchering your loom I'm afraid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
P0726 relates to an engine speed error which with it showing 32 rpm means it realises it's wrong. P1775 is gearbox fault so really you are no further forward. By better scanner, what is he trying to use? Ideally you want an LR specific one. It still all points twoards a wiring fault, especially as someone has been butchering your loom I'm afraid.
These are the pictures he sent me from his scanner.

I'm not sure what to make of this. If it's a real part failure I'd like to figure it out before ordering another harness, which I know may be inevitable.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My cheapo Chinese generic scanner gives me a choice of two ECUs to read data from, the ECM and the gearbox ECU. Both will show engine rpm, but the gearbox ECU only shows rpm, engine load, Throttle position and something else (don't remember what off the top of my head, the ECM shows all the parameters. It sounds like the gearbox ECU isn't seeing a correct speed signal. The speed signal is supplied to it by the BeCM (from pin 11 of C626 which goes directly to pin 3 on the gearbox ECU with no connectors between them). There's also an output speed sensor inside the gearbox which is connected via the connector behind the LH cylinder head (the one I mentioned before as it is likely to have been messed with when the heads were taken off) and RAVE specifically mentions that it uses a screened cable and it is very important that the screen is connected to pin 20 on the gearbox ECU. This could be something that has been missed when the loom was spliced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
My cheapo Chinese generic scanner gives me a choice of two ECUs to read data from, the ECM and the gearbox ECU. Both will show engine rpm, but the gearbox ECU only shows rpm, engine load, Throttle position and something else (don't remember what off the top of my head, the ECM shows all the parameters. It sounds like the gearbox ECU isn't seeing a correct speed signal. The speed signal is supplied to it by the BeCM (from pin 11 of C626 which goes directly to pin 3 on the gearbox ECU with no connectors between them). There's also an output speed sensor inside the gearbox which is connected via the connector behind the LH cylinder head (the one I mentioned before as it is likely to have been messed with when the heads were taken off) and RAVE specifically mentions that it uses a screened cable and it is very important that the screen is connected to pin 20 on the gearbox ECU. This could be something that has been missed when the loom was spliced.
I agree as to the loom. I ordered one off Ebay and will be here by Monday.
Hopefully that will resolve my issue, or at least eliminate that possibilty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here my friends is the latest...

After finally getting the correct wiring harness and getting it installed I am not longer getting the "gearbox" fault code. The sport mode indicator comes on, the dash shows you what gear you are in... but, it's still stuck in 3rd gear and wont shift.
My transmission worked fine before all this nightmare started...
Any clue as to where to look next?
It is no longer at the shop. I brought it home last night. Three and a half months is long enough....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Very odd. It's still in limp home but with no Gearbox Fault coming up on the dash? Limp in third means it is detecting a fault condition before you start moving. Either that or you have fixed the fault but it has got itself confused so the gearbox ECU needs the code clearing. Have a look at your manual, Chapter 44, pages 20 to 22 and see if you can identify your symptoms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Very odd. It's still in limp home but with no Gearbox Fault coming up on the dash? Limp in third means it is detecting a fault condition before you start moving. Either that or you have fixed the fault but it has got itself confused so the gearbox ECU needs the code clearing. Have a look at your manual, Chapter 44, pages 20 to 22 and see if you can identify your symptoms.
That is correct, nothing on the dash.
Thank you. I will check that chapter.
This is all me trying to fix it now... I cannot trust this shop to do anything, so all the help is appreciated. I hope to order A nanocom for it next week... I've heard it's about the best.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts