RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2003 Range Rover HSE, and was getting O2 sensor fault codes, so ordered 4 new sensors online (2 pre and 2 post cat), and had my indy mechanic install them. Drove about 5 minutes, then the CEL came back on, I cleared the codes, and took about a 20 mile drive, then the CEL came back on. I have the RSW platform to read and manage the codes, this is what it is giving me now.

set1.JPG set2.JPG

I called my mechanic because of the swapped O2 sensor code. He says that the O2 sensors were installed in the correct pre/post cat positions and could not be swapped because of the wire lengths. I reviewed previous threads to no avail. Any thoughts? Will I do more damage by driving it until we figure this out?

Here is the POST/AFTER cat O2 sensor purchased:

postcat.JPG
The PRE/BEFORE cat O2 sensors are the same brand with part number: REPB960911

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
Correct, rear sensors have quite long leads at about three feet where the fronts are only about ten inches. Where did you purchase from? Many online sellers, such as eBay stores, have a nasty habit of listing items as being exact/direct fit when in fact they are not. Often their instant, drop in model cross reference is inaccurate so you really have to know your part numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased them from discountbodyparts.com Part#s: REPB960911 & REPB960910 They were cheap but "fit" ... I'm finding that if you go cheap with these things, you usually have to pay twice. So are you thinking that I should switch them out with a Bosch set?

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
the circuit faults you are gettin lead me to belive either the sensors are not conected or are defective did you clear adaptations after replacing them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did clear out the codes from the computer, then I removed the terminals from the battery and touched them together to reset the engine ecu. Is that how I would have cleared the adaptations? Also something I did not mention, when the mechanic replaced the sensors, one broke off into the exhaust, so they cut the exhaust open to remove it, and then "spliced" it back together. I noticed that the splice was "leaking" exhaust. The mechanic said it should not be leaking and I am bringing it back so he can tighten it up. Also the smell of the exhaust is horrid since I had this job done. I have included a pic of the splice.
IMG_7874.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts