RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about a replacement option for a new(er) camera for the L405? I'd like one with night vision and a lot better picture quality. My RR sucks and I'm told even the newest of the RR models still have the older style cameras without night vision.

I found the actual camera part #, but it also appears they have it modified so much that it would be impossible to simply buy a plug&play one for a replacement.

Part # LR052029 / LR 052029 / LRO52O29

Thanks - James

·
Registered
451 Posts
My MY 2010 L322 had a much better camera. So much sharper than these on the L405. I'm also a little disappointed. i wonder if that model years' camera could be a straight swap out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go as far as simply replacing it and figuring out a way to retro fit the connector. There are some really nice/cheap ones out there with amazing quality, but I'm pretty sure LR makes it almost impossible to do something like that. I'm hoping that someone out there has figured it out and already found something?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone know about a replacement option for a new(er) camera for the L405? I'd like one with night vision and a lot better picture quality. My RR sucks and I'm told even the newest of the RR models still have the older style cameras without night vision.

I found the actual camera part #, but it also appears they have it modified so much that it would be impossible to simply buy a plug&play one for a replacement.

Part # LR052029 / LR 052029 / LRO52O29

Thanks - James
It’s also the resolution of the screen that’s a part of the problem. Replacing the camera with a higher resolution one may not work if the screen isn’t matched to its resolution.

I believe you have to replace the whole system, and then you can have a higher quality camera (along with CarPlay and other benefits.

There’s a guy on here who sells a kit and it looks kind of stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts