RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo.

all this talk of keys, alarms, etc recently has been ironic timing.

we have never had a fob for our rover. From the beginning occasionally the key would only unlock the drivers door, leaving all other doors locked and the alarm active.

it got a lot worse last fall. i had to have two surgeries due to a perforated colon and could not get to looking at the door. Now is time.

I just ordered a new fob/key today, and am going to dive into the door this weekend and do the door handle fix.

my question is.... is my locking issue a micro switch? the key always unlocks everything and the drivers sill lock latch (whatever you call it) always locks and unlocks everything .. as well as the drivers interior door handle always unlocks the doors.

so do i need to spend the money on a new actuator or can i replace the micro switch?

thanks for the time, i know this has been talked about, and i searched, but the answers are vague and i have not found anything definitive

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover P38A
230 Posts
Hi there,

Glad to you're on the mend. My key fobs aren't currently working, however my door latch appears to be functioning correctly. Your door latch sounds like it needs replaced as you mention not all of the doors unlock simultaneously.

Ther are plenty of good posts that cover your symptoms. Let us know how you get on with the new fob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts