RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to replace the center armrest on the driver side of my 2007 L322. It's the armrest near the center console. I've seen other forum posts and youtube videos that mention removing a plastic cover on the side of the armrest like on an LR3, but there is no such plastic cover on the 2007 L322. Anyone know how to remove the existing armrest? Do I have to remove the back panel of the chair to get to the armrest or crack open the armrest from the bottom? Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is an Allen bolt securing the armrest to the seat boss, remove it and you’ll be able to remove the armrest.

No need to remove or disassemble anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Found the allen bolt. For anyone reading this thread, it's located at 9 o'clock position when facing the side. Had to push back the leather seat to expose the bolt.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. I need to pull off the driver's armrest to reglue the leather to the structure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just completed the armrest replacement. You will need a T30 Torx head. The bolt felt like it was locked down with loctite so you will need to put in some effort initially. At one point the bolt kept rotating in place but not extracting. Had to use a roll pin punch to push from the opposite hole at same time to get the bolt out. Be careful with your tool as I didn't realize my screwdriver was rubbing up against the side of the plastic seat trim of the back pocket while I was unscrewing the bolt. Here are some pics to help. I believe this is the same armrest for 2003 to 2009 MY RRs.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts