RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floor Pans are rusted pretty good....ordered some from a metal machine shop for $250 and I pick them up on Monday. Then it's off to the body shop for a week to have them installed. Pic of the rusted floor pans below. They will be 20in x 5 ft long going from the gas and brake pedals to the rear seats on both sides. They will also put in a spray on bedliner to prevent future rusting on the inside and outside.
Drivers Side

[attachment=1:1ydz4pg1]Drivers side floor.JPG[/attachment:1ydz4pg1]

Passenger Side

[attachment=0:1ydz4pg1]Passenger side floor.JPG[/attachment:1ydz4pg1]

will post more repairs later....

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
PUUUUHlease. That is a buffet surface compared with some I have seen. :mrgreen:

You are on the right track and doing the right course. Just remeber the breaking point. That is the point where you decise if you are keeping it for ever VS patching crap for resale. Only you can answer that one.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
Check this out...

:crybaby2:

:)

...and it lived to play another day. :thumb:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rrtoadhall said:
PUUUUHlease. That is a buffet surface compared with some I have seen. :mrgreen:

You are on the right track and doing the right course. Just remeber the breaking point. That is the point where you decide if you are keeping it for ever VS patching crap for resale. Only you can answer that one.
I actually use it for a daily driver now going about 40-50 miles per day and would like to possibly give it to my son in a few years. But we are planning to put at least 12-14k into it.
3-4k for interior
3-4k for paint ...maybe more (rust removal, repair, prevention)
engine rebuild or replacement in the spring of 2010.
hardest replacement items will be the headliner, sunroof seals, dash and instrument cluster.

a new car will cost as much and will not be as much fun. might as well fix up "THE BEAST" and have the only one here in southeast Texas ...........................that I have seen :think: .
Others will be jealous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts