RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repairs (albeit them minor) completed successfully thanks to this site

I am a relative newbie to this site and have asked some "rookie" questions. One of the great things about this site is the wealth of information and assistance. I recently noticed a small leak in the coolant tank. So I ordered a new one. I also figured while I was at it I would replace the fuse box along with all of relays. The new tank went in with only one small problem. The throttle housing return pipe was so brittle that it snapped off. So a quick trip to the rover part site and I had a new one the next day. Installed that as well as the new tank and viola, no more leaks and no overheating. I also replaced the fuse box and I no longer get the random door locking-unlocking that I was experiencing. I also got rid of the book display on the A/C display. Finally I got under the drivers seat and made sure all the connections were solid. That got rid of the SRS and Airbag fault lights on the dash. Long story short is that I would not have attempted these (as well as more major repairs, like replacing the air springs) without the information on this site. I little elbow grease, a little cursing, and a lot of sweat (I live in Dallas and it is over 100 degrees) and I have fixed a lot of the gremlins that I had. I hate to think what a dealer would have charged me for these repairs.

Thanks to everyone who answers questions that rookies like me ask and thanks to all of you who have taken the time to document the common repairs that one must do to keep these great vehicles on the road. I may not ever attempt a major repair, but I have full confidence in fixing most of the minor things that you need to take care of, unless you want to be in debt to the dealer!

I know some of you spend considerable time and effort answering all of these questions. I just wanted to take a minute to let you know it is greatly appreciated by folks like myself!!

Now on to replacing the exhaust system and figuring what to replace the navigation system with. But that is for another time.

Thanks!!

David
2002 HSE

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Re: Repairs (albeit them minor) completed successfully thanks to this site

You are very welcome David:thumb:
Nice to see someone using the resources that are readily available on this excellent site. I know for a fact, that the likes of Carl put an enormous amount of effort into this site, and get nothing but headaches for their troubles a lot of the time.
Some gratitude goes a long way into making the efforts worthwhile.

Martin

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I can only imagine how much time and effort some of you put into this site. I have read pretty much every bit of documentation regarding repairing various items, printed them out and studied them in great detail. Between what is on this site and my trusty service manual I have accomplished things I never thought I could do. Not only do I have the satisfaction of fixing things myself, but I have saved a bunch of money in the process. Plus I have used this as an excuse to buy additional tools so that is always a good thing. I read in another thread that one of the main benefits of this site is giving folks like myself the confidence to attempt things they have not done before, knowing you have a safety net if things go wrong, which they often do. My wife used to kid me about doing the repairs myself until I showed her how much I am saving vs. taking it to a dealer. Not any more.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

Absolutely entirely agree!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts