RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few weeks now I've been getting that long beep showing that the parking sensors were inoperable. I bought some sensors on ebay and put them in without checking the wiring loom. Same issue. This morning I took everything apart and inspected the wiring. My OBD tool told me which sensors were having issues and i concentrated on those. Sure enough the wiring was damaged. I snipped the cables, soldered them and heat wrapped them, put everything back together and everything works great :) Those little saturday morning projects sure are satisfying.

IMG_20180420_190403.jpg

IMG_20180420_190359.jpg

IMG_20180421_080823.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I need to do this, and I've got an OBDII reader like that. Thanks.

For a few weeks now I've been getting that long beep showing that the parking sensors were inoperable. I bought some sensors on ebay and put them in without checking the wiring loom. Same issue. This morning I took everything apart and inspected the wiring. My OBD tool told me which sensors were having issues and i concentrated on those. Sure enough the wiring was damaged. I snipped the cables, soldered them and heat wrapped them, put everything back together and everything works great :) Those little saturday morning projects sure are satisfying.

View attachment 260137

View attachment 260145

View attachment 260153

1 - 2 of 2 Posts