RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I personally have quite a bit of experience on most 5 cylinder turbo Volvos (personally I drive an xc70 and c70 hpt coupe) but one of my friends has a p38 which had the common issue of the LCD screen dying. So I went and had the unit sent to an re-manufacturer that has alot of experience replacing the screens. I reinstalled the unit and everything worked perfect but the book icon appeared even though everything is working fine. Everything functions correctly and we have no idea how to turn off the light. Is this something that requires special software or a trip to an experienced independent to clear? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
The HVAC system does a self check up every time you start the vehicle to look for any errors. So chances are, there's something wrong.

Time to get a code reader!

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Time to get a code reader!
But not an ordinary OBD code reader, a dedicated P38 systems one. The contacts in the plugs that connect to the HEVAC, and other bits, can lose tension so not make proper contact. If something is a bit weak it could fail the self test but still work. When you say everything works, do you mean absolutely everything? AC compressor engaging, temperature changes on both sides independently of each other, airflow can be set to just the screen or just the floor, etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts