RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey where the best place to get new a posts b posts and sills paddocks used to carry all of it when I did my 78 years back but there’s no listing for the posts any more trucks a 93 Lwb county it’s a real beaut except for the lack of lower door posts!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The posts are fairly simple shapes on our classics. It is pretty easy to make them with only a sheet of steel, vice, hammer, and grinder. I am in the process of doing all the metal work on my classic and I am not buying any panels except for the rear crossmember. As others have pointed out to me, George is in the middle of making a great video series which includes the metalwork on his Range Rover. He shows in great detail the process of creating the bottoms of the posts from nothing but a flat piece of steel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9I7RgD0i7JZ58CK17kKHQ This is where I got my motivation to start cutting into my Range.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanx I emailed yrm last time around the panels were not expensive so just easier to order them although we did have to fab the lower tail gate bottom since 78 uses a different style

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I stumbled across them but they seemed like patch panels but compared to making them that’s a lot easier good price too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts