RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been tracking their repair costs per year for the RRS?
I have just bought a RRS SC 2010 and want to try to get a sense if the extended warranty is worth it.
In looking at an exclusionary warranty 84mo 140K SECUREDRIVE but will run me 6400 - 7K with tax:oops:!
Would have to have 3 consecutive years of $2500/yr repairs to break even on this thing (years 5-6-7).
Seems like a lot but I understand the repair costs can be extreme at the dealer.
Also would be interested in common required repairs within the first 7 years and average costs.
Thanks,
M

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: REPAIR COSTS per year for the 2006-2009 and 2010+ RRS ?

I have been out of warranty for approximately three years now and am right around $1,000 to $1,500 per year since my warranty expired. This of course is not including routine maintenance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

b - yours is 6 years old now it looks like.
Are these repairs from the LR dealership?
When you were in warranty (first 4yrs) were the costs about the same?

·
Registered
225 Posts

I purchased my RRS SC not long before the warranty was to expire, so I can't speak much about the costs under warranty (it ran out in early 2009 after hitting 50,000 miles) I have done a lot myself with the help of this forum and have no doubt I would have spent more out of pocket taking it to the dealer. I have used the dealer and an Indy shop on occasion. Personally, I enjoy playing around with the car. It's a stress reliever for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts