RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought this thing i loved it to death then i had some issues and began to fall out of love, lol. Ive put alot of $ into this truck and swear each time im going to sell it, just had to replace the other front strut and now its running good again, and i kind of dont want to sell it but think im going to. How many of you guys feel this way about your rover? I have to admitt when running good there is no ride like it..

oh and why does everyone think just because you drive a range rover you are loaded? i guess its a big status symbol also.. 8-0=

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
No, I don't feel that way really. Every vehicle I've ever owned eventually requires some expensive maintenance/repairs, but it is always far cheaper than buying a new one and you always will know the history because it has been in your care the whole time. The air suspension costs more than most vehicles (but not a TON more with the arnott ones) but the rest of the vehicle is pretty comparable to other large/heavy duty trucks (assuming you can do most of your own labor or know a good independent shop you can trust to really diagnose issues instead of random part swapping).

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Ace 95 said:
when i bought this thing i loved it to death then i had some issues and began to fall out of love, lol. Ive put alot of $ into this truck and swear each time im going to sell it, just had to replace the other front strut and now its running good again, and i kind of dont want to sell it but think im going to. How many of you guys feel this way about your rover? I have to admitt when running good there is no ride like it..
No matter what car you get, it's going to have problems, it just costs a lot to repair range rovers. The problem with selling them is their resale is terrible.

Ace 95 said:
oh and why does everyone think just because you drive a range rover you are loaded? i guess its a big status symbol also.. 8-0=
Because new they're really expensive and that's what most people go off of... Almost nobody knows they're virtually worthless on the used market. Friends think I'm kidding them when I tell them what I paid for my used HSE... I didn't buy it as a status symbol though

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to be loaded UNTIL I bought my Range Rover................ :doh:

Still love it though !!

Until the next time it breaks down which must be due soon as it has been running fine for the last 10 days or so !! :think:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brad s1 said:
[quote="Ace 95":jyb3qn18]when i bought this thing i loved it to death then i had some issues and began to fall out of love, lol. Ive put alot of $ into this truck and swear each time im going to sell it, just had to replace the other front strut and now its running good again, and i kind of dont want to sell it but think im going to. How many of you guys feel this way about your rover? I have to admitt when running good there is no ride like it..
No matter what car you get, it's going to have problems, it just costs a lot to repair range rovers. The problem with selling them is their resale is terrible.

Ace 95 said:
Because new they're really expensive and that's what most people go off of... Almost nobody knows they're virtually worthless on the used market. Friends think I'm kidding them when I tell them what I paid for my used HSE... I didn't buy it as a status symbol though[/quote:jyb3qn18]

Well i had a lexus before and ran it until 90k miles and the only problem i ever had was un-even tire wear and a bad 02 sensor. So i guess i was spoiled in that aspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts