RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just bought a 2000 SE for the winter months so I could put my other car away for the snow.

It has the brush guard the roof rack and the tail light guards. I am thinking about taking off the roof rack and the brush guard as I do not know if I like the shape it adds to the car, nor do I offroad. Does anyone have instructions on how to do so? Does anyone want these parts? I'd rather do it myself then take it in to a mechanic. Any help would be appreciated, and if I can get them off the car let me know if you are interested in taking them off my hands. Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
where are you? I will take it all off and away for you at no cost :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tri State area - live in Philadelphia. I know nothing about these vehicles - hence joining the forum. I pulled on the roof rack a little to see if it slid out, but it seems there is a lot more to that. I cannot find a google search on how to remove it. The bursh guarrd seems like its almost installed to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Darn, I just bought a rack on ebay. I have not put it on but I see a set screw [allen key] on the inside of each mount. It looks like releasing the allen screw will let the rack lift off. I PAID 33O US plus 70 to ship plus 70 cdn to get it here from RI. welcome to the site. I believe the original wrench came with the vehicle so you might find it in the tire well. Check site and posts. More info is on here somewhere.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am no help in offering instructions on how to remove the roof rack. I would be interested in buying it though. If you're thinking of getting rid of it once it's removed, please message me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
One of the allen keys is a security key, it has a small recess in the end that fits over pip in the head of the bolt, if they are still the original bolts. You can probably buy a security allen key of the right size a good hardware shop.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
LIRA said:
One of the allen keys is a security key, it has a small recess in the end that fits over pip in the head of the bolt, if they are still the original bolts. You can probably buy a security allen key of the right size a good hardware shop.
If all the bolts are factory they will all have the pin in the middle. The wrenches come with security license plate frame kits at most local auto stores in the US. I've posted the part number before so search should find it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts