RangeRovers.net Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I should amend my post a bit. The day I had this done I brought it straight home from the muffler shop and parked it and went to work for two days. It definitely did not make as drastic a difference and both I and the very experienced, over 23 years with his own shop, muffler technician thought it would. However, I took it out and experimented with it quite a bit last night. The cold start if definitely sounds louder for that first 15 seconds or whatever it is. Accelerating from a stop it feels more powerful but isn't too much louder. It you hammer on the accelerator while in motions say at 40 mph or so you can really notice it. It also, "seems" more responsive. As far as backfires are concerned. I could not no matter how I tried get it to backfire. Maybe the X pipe eliminates this characteristic I don't know.

·
Registered
147 Posts
H pipes, X pipes, That muffler right in front of the resonator is not partitioned. With that said the H pipe and X pipe would not really do anything. Just cut and run straight pipes in place of #7. You would only need to balance the exhaust if you removed both the center muffler and the resonator.

·
Registered
86 Posts
After a year of thinking this over, I finally did it on my 11 HSE Luxury. I did the straight pipes in place of the resonator and right away there is definitely a growl and truck does feel more responsive. It does sound louder from redlight but quickly dies down until you punch it again. I’ll have to get used to that.

One thing I noticed right away and it could be just me, is that when you punch it, you feel and hear the power(but it’s coming from the back so it does sound like another vehicle and not yours) if you understand what I mean.

I’ll follow up in a week with another update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
love it. My '06 sound almost as good as that. Hearing the deep heavy sound gives me some sort of satisfaction when I pump high test fuel and have a big old V8. the factory sound is not what a V8 should sound like... IMHO. Some like it quiet, like my neighbors. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
There has to be a pair of shoes or a new purse she needs as bad as you need the delete.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You read my mind lol. I know she’s eyeing out couple purse for Christmas so I’m asking the delete as a return for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just removed the resonator on my 12 RRSS and it’s perfect. It’s loud when I want it and just growls when I’m cruising. No drone but there is a slight crackle when I drop off the throttle after pushing it. The shop offered to remove the main muffler but thought that might be too much, kinda glad I didn’t because this is just enough to keep me happy without going over board or being too obnoxious.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Folks, this thread is over 10 years old. How about staying on topic if you MUST keep this thread alive. Frankly over 10 years the topic has been beat to death. Off topic rubbish will be cleaned up today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Folks, this thread is over 10 years old. How about staying on topic if you MUST keep this thread alive. Frankly over 10 years the topic has been beat to death. Off topic rubbish will be cleaned up today.
There’s been 12 post in the last 2 months on this and some of us are new to this site. Sorry if you’re tired of this topic as the adminstrator but isn’t this site for the members and community? Sometimes things get off topic and some posting maybe of little value add but you’re going to delete what you deem to be “rubbish”? Seems to be a bit controlling and it’s up to the user to read what posting is of interest. If you’re tired of this, don’t read it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No offense RRToadHall but Datriani has a point, I haven’t heard about pedal Commander until it’s been mentioned here plus SpecialEd has posted good info as well. It was a little off topic but it ended few days before you erased the comments. We all just wanna learn.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I heard about pedal commander for the first time in this thread and just ordered it. Sometimes there are off-topic comments with nuggets of valuable information. To call them "rubbish" in disdain is uncalled for and is belittling.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Folks pedal commander is off topic. This about is about removing resonators exhaust bits etc. If you want to talk about the pedal commander start a new thread of your own.

This is nothing controlling, it is common sense to stay on topic.

BTW, throttle response adjusters have been covered in the past, they are also part of many "tunes".

·
Registered
29 Posts
**** yea remove it. End of story

·
Registered
1 Posts
Registered to thank all who have chimed in here. Discovered this thread last month and decided to go for the #7 delete yesterday. Went to a local muffler shop and they completed the job in less than 30 minutes. I have a 2010 N/A RRS HSE and am extremely pleased with the results, I can finally hear the engine!!

No drone, sound when you want it (gas pedal), not too loud, and the rare occasional backfire is awesome as well.

If you are on the fence, I suggest going for it!

Thanks again to all that have shared, very pleased with this low cost and fun mod.

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
depends on what the exhaust shop or welder charges. The White Center muffler shop would be $25 or $30.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Wow, that is extreme. Do you like the sound? You should be able to attach a video or maybe a link to a photo sharing app. Since you removed the muffler you could add an H pipe to reduce some drone in the vehicle if there is any.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts