Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok sold my 06 RRS, I'm a proud owner of a 2012 RRS, Stoney grey with the rust color guts!!! If I remove the resenator, will that effect my super charge performance???? Thanks for the feed back!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which portion?
the canister right before the tips, to my understanding its more of a baffle, to make more quite

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
Not sure if the 12 is the same configuration as my 06, if it is i would leave those two on and remove the large one just after the muffler. This will give you the best sound with little drone. I messed around and basically removed all three added new tips only to have real bad drone. So I added two small resonators where the large one was just after the muffler. Love the sound and no performance change... However I do not have SC.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
81 Posts
This is what I removed today (#7):

Just make sure you keep it in case something with the s/c messes up.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
81 Posts
Nah it's 4.4L. If it was I would have made a sound clip though, seems the internet is devoid of the s/c soundclip.

By removing the resonator you should only be reducing back pressure, so it should be a good since you are letting the engine breathe more efficiently.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
So I'm guessing you cut the end off your rear silencer to insert the straight pipe. I know my 06 had tips that turned downward. One of these days I'll figure out ways to do things the easy way... Like using the search feature here!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
284 Posts
A lot of us removed the center manifold and replaced it with a Magnaflow piece. Less than $200 installed at the local muffler shop. I left the two resonators before the tips on to keep things a little quieter. Has a nice rumble, a wee bit of cackle on non-throttle down hills, and very little noise drone on the highway. No where near as pure ungodly bliss as the sound of my prior Porsche GTS, but it was only $200 bucks.

I like it - gives a little edge to my S\C from the bazillion pampered soccer moms driving the exact same black RRS in my neighborhood.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.