RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread reminded me that my interior rear view mirror is shot. I can only see out of half of it. I want to replace it -- probably with a good old-fashioned parts store model with the manual dimming lever. Is there a trick to getting the old mirror off? I've snapped off the outside plastic cover on the mount an disconnected the plug. Now it looks like there is another molded black plastic piece over the mount. Do I just snap/break that off and use some kind of a solvent to break down the glue that holds the mirror to the windshield? Of course, the last thing I want to do is crack my windshield! :shock:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to all, Hold on there before you do damage, the rear view mirror removes from the plastic part that is fixed to the screen if i remember rightly you slid it up wards and off, I bought a replacement from a breakers yard on the net cost me £50.00p it seems that these mirrors dont like direct sunlight on the back of them so always try to park with the mirror away from the sun. best regards sillyboy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to all Seems my memory not to good you remove the mirror by pulling sharply down-ward just looked it up on RAVE to confirm sorry about that. Best Regards sillyboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts