RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a replacement DSP amp on it's way and trying to get to the old one. I've removed the sub-woofer cover panel and removed the two nuts at the top left and right of the unit. The subwoofer is mounted to a metal bracket under which is the cd changer. I am not sure what the next step is. The screws holding the sub to the metal bracket are not accessible so I assume the cd changer comes out to access some fasteners on the bottom of the bracket. Any advice on how to do this is greatly appreciated. Once I get past this point no doubt I'll be asking how to properly remove any other parts necessary to get to the amp. Thanks!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Remove the cd changer, ( not 100% this is needed) , bolts on the side. There's also nuts on the bottom at the front of metal bracket, once there undone as well the metal cage and sub will come out, dsp behind insulation in rear wing

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I was able to remove the CD player and the sub woofer assembly. I also removed the top plastic trim where the seat release lever and sub woofer vents are. I now need to remove the inner trim panel to get to the amp, but I don't see any obvious fasteners for that and it's fit pretty tight. Any assistance on how this comes out is greatly appreciated. I have a replacement amp that I want to try out as soon as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There are three push in stud thingies in the plastic top panel (Assume you have already removed these). Another stud thingy, low towards the front of the wheel arch. A screw top right just behind the seat. There is also a black bracket at the front of the panel, think you get to this by tipping the seats forward. It is a wrestle to get it out - start at the back.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I always leave the top on,, open the trunk, there will be a couple of fixings, fold the seat forward, seatbelt fixing and a few more fixings holding the panel, it then pulls out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts