RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither of my door side marker lights are working? Replaced the bulbs and still nothing. Is there a ground some where? All other lights are fine except the puddle lights under the mirrors. Both of those are out as well. Not sure if they are related some how? As well I can't get the cover off of either puddle light or the license plate lights. I want to replace them with LEDS. They seem stuck and I'm afraid ill break the plastic cover. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grasshopper I sent you a PM. I can't upload photos from my iPhone on this site for some reason. Ill do it from my home tomorrow with a description of how to remove the puddle light housing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok so the procedure is as follows:Using a very small flat blade screw driver, insert it up into the outside edge of the light housing (side pointing toward the street) When you push the screw driver up you will be depressing the plastic clamp (see pic 3) and then you can pull the screw driver down wile pressing toward the vehicle. If you try and pry the housing out from the inside (closest to the vehicle) you will snap off the plastic 'ears' that hold that end in place like I did. (see pic 1) Pic 2 is the new housing with the 'ears' as they should be. To instsall simply put inner side with 'ears' in first and snap the outer edge in place. I hope this helps. A new housing was $16 from the stealer. Not bad but why spend it if you don't have to. Let me know if this makes sense or if you have other questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
My early 06 RRS has a puddle light only on the passenger side door, was it standard to have them on both sides in 06? I bought mine used so I don't know how she came when new.Apreciate any input, would love to install one on the drivers side if the wireing is supposed to be there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My early 06 RRS has a puddle light only on the passenger side door, was it standard to have them on both sides in 06? I bought mine used so I don't know how she came when new.Apreciate any input, would love to install one on the drivers side if the wireing is supposed to be there.
I think it was standard on both sides though check with dealer to confirm. I'm guessing your drivers was replaced at some point with an after market that didn't utilize the puddle light? Just a thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is an easier way to DIY grab a flash light and a small hook tool or small screw driver look at the actual mirror like if you need to check your face look at the gap between the bottom of mirror and plastic housing, use flash light you will see the see the edge of tab you need to press on it and then pull on actual puddle light ant it will come out with out marking lens or plastic mirror housing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts