RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The easiest way to remove the DSP amp is to remove the plastic floor piece that forms part of the spare wheel cover (3 plastic nuts and a couple of plastic clips) the carpet trim by the lower rear boot lid (2 plastic clips and the load securing shackle allen bolt) that gives you good access to the bottom of the DSP frame remove the two 8mm nuts securing the frame to the floor, one 8mm bolt securing the frame between the DSP and TV unit and finally one 8mm bolt holding the frame to the rear quarter (behined light unit) now the whole unit will lift out, should take 5/10mins max. You can try to get it out without removing boot parts etc but much more fiddly,
Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad you managed it OK. As a matter of interest what was the problem? See my thread on this board re intermittent fault possibly DSP but having had it out and removed both panels can find no obvious fault, but have no way of testing it. Now trying to locate another DSP to swap with to locate fault or I may be barking up the wrong tree altogether. Hey Ho!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fault i had was only 1 speaker in every door working and clearly not amplified. I located a firm in preston near where i live he plugged a test amp and all was fine. So located and second hand one off ebay cos very expensive new and as long as it works thats all i want. This firm also had the testbook the main dealers use so switched a few other things on whilst there half the price too, were very good imo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lucky you finding someone who knows what they are talking about, all I get round here is "no serviceable parts main dealer new unit only" but I dont believe them so I will carry on my quest to find a repairer/diagnostic who can find the problem. Keeping an eye on Ebay but only found DSP units in Poland and Lithuania, dont fancy them much!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,267 Posts
ian campbell said:
....... I located a firm in preston near where i live he plugged a test amp and all was fine...This firm also had the testbook the main dealers use so switched a few other things on whilst there half the price too, were very good imo.
Ian,

They sound like useful people to know! Any chance you could let me know where to find them? (I live in Blackburn / work in Leyland).

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
ian campbell
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing