Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any instructions to remove the centre console on a lwb 405 vogue
It’s the polished black all in one piece top
I can find instructions on the 494 but this is way different and I can’t find any screws except near the armrest hinge and the two at the front behind the climate control panel

·
Registered
840 Posts
Look at console for sale on eBay. You should be able to see screw holes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks looks like the sides are held on with screws front and back and a lot of clips
Did you have to take the armrest off to get the top off ? I need to get to the gear selector which has started occasionally sticking

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
17 Posts
Thanks looks like the sides are held on with screws front and back and a lot of clips
Did you have to take the armrest off to get the top off ? I need to get to the gear selector which has started occasionally sticking
Yes the armrest in the earlier models it’s fixed via a pin going to length of the armrest at the back. Which needs to be pulled out which is towards the driver side if you’re in Australia. There are some slight differences from the 2019 video below to the older models. I also replaced the gear selector.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the armrest in the earlier models it’s fixed via a pin going to length of the armrest at the back. Which needs to be pulled out which is towards the driver side if you’re in Australia. There are some slight differences from the 2019 video below to the older models. I also replaced the gear selector.
Thanks I understand you have to have the lid open to remove the armrest pin ?
did a replacement gear selector module solve your issues ? Mine is ok on short drives but seems to fail if I stop for a few minutes like a fuel stop then it won’t come out of park for a while until things cool off I guess
thanks managed to get it to pieces just got to find a reasonable selector module now ? It seems the autobiography has a different unit twice the price 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
105 Posts
Is this your problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep same with mine I also suspect the solenoid dies with heat and will work when cold I was trying to get a used part from a breaker but can’t find the lr part number on mine or on any of the photos from breakers Already bought one that looked identical and same numbers on the sticker but a different unit and won’t work 😡

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
17 Posts
Thanks I understand you have to have the lid open to remove the armrest pin ?
did a replacement gear selector module solve your issues ? Mine is ok on short drives but seems to fail if I stop for a few minutes like a fuel stop then it won’t come out of park for a while until things cool off I guess

thanks managed to get it to pieces just got to find a reasonable selector module now ? It seems the autobiography has a different unit e price 🤷‍♂️
From memory I removed the pin with armrest up, you can probably do it armrest down don’t think it makes any difference, to remove armrest itself it needs to be up.

Yes this has solved my problem with the selector, although it only happened once to mine, I wasn’t willing to take a risk being stuck somewhere.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
105 Posts
Can\t you just trim the pin, as described... At least until you find a matching part... Or replace the solenoid if the one from the spare part matches?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can\t you just trim the pin, as described... At least until you find a matching part... Or replace the solenoid if the one from the spare part matches?
I might try that. Not sure you can trim the pin as I understand there is an optical sensor which confirms movement
Are they just plug and play or do they need linking up to the car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts