RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some pointers on removing a 17mm bolt that sits right below a brake pipe on my 91. I am trying to remove the bracket so I can keep the pipes and hoses attached when I lift the caliper off. I cant get anything in the tight space and with the coil spring being right there. Any suggestions?

I have never had this problem before with my 1992 and have a straight shot to the bolt.

20190629_063255.jpg

20190629_101028.jpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's a difficult one to get to, common to ABS equipped vehicles as far as I know.

I took mine out with a short double ended ring spanner that has a really slim rim section and twelve points so you can get incremental movement on it, but it's hard to un-torque it with the short reach.

Stripped mine for CV replacement and hub service without disconnecting caliper. Your brake lines look in good condition if you need to split them, I slightly tighten first and use caps on the pipe ends to prevent drain down if you have to go that way. Bleeding through afterwards isn't generally problematic.

Another approach would be to support chassis, disconnect shock, drop axle end and pull spring out to access more easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts