RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remove collets to "fish out" o-rings from EAS air hose connections?

I am going to make my first attempt ever at changing out the o-rings on the EAS air hose connections running into the side of the valve block on my '99 4.6 HSE...the passage below seems to imply that the collets stay in for this procedure & that the o-rings are "fished out" thru the center of the collet...can someone verify this or give me instructions on exactly how to remove & reinsert the collet for this procedure? And are the o-ring sizes posted for the lines running to/from the springs also the size of the line at the far right running to the reservoir tank?

"Failure Modes & Diagnosis
Leaks from Air Hose Connections:
The most common problems are simple leaks from the air hose connections. These leaks can be repaired at leisure by replacing the rubber "O" ring in the connection. After depressurizing you can press in the collet and pull out the hose from the offending connection. Then fish out the "O" rings with a crochet hook or bent wire..."
http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/airsuspension/valveblock/valveblock.html

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
213 Posts
Re: Remove collets to "fish out" o-rings from EAS air hose connections?

Pop em out (GENTLY) using a flat blade screwdriver or a small pry. Then use a angled pick to remove the old O rings. Lube the new ones and re-assemble.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you very much, albani...

As far as my other questions goes, I have since realized that the very page that I posted addresses the issue immediately below the passage that I quoted.

I plan to proceed under the assumption that it is not necessary to remove the valve block in order to replace these particular o-rings. Since I first posted this thread, I noticed another recent thread in which this same procedure apparently goes very wrong for some of us ( http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/46502-valve-block-leak.html ) If anyone feels that this procedure is inadviseable for some particular reason or reasons, please post.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
213 Posts

You could leave it in the truck, but its not that hard to just remove the whole thing and do all of the seals. btw. 2 check valves fit one way, the third is in the opposite direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts