RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's the deal...I've searched forum on how to do this and all I have come up with is the fly wheel cover removal and jam a big stick in the assembly trick...But, on my rig, there is no cover to expose fly wheel, just a lousy 3"peep hole being held on by 3 M8 bolts...And I'll tell you right now, I have tried to jam about anything I can get my hands on to lock up fly wheel/converter and nothing works...Am I missing something here??...On most cars I have worked on in the past, there is some sort of aluminum plate that can be removed to expose the bottom half of assembly but on my Range, it's all bellhousing...What gives???..Please someone chime in and set me straight...I'll take the flamming and noob insults...At the moment, my poor rig is on jack stands and I'm about 5 minutes away from finishing the job I started(replacing crank seal/water pump)...I have hit a road block here...All input is appreciated...Thanks...

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
8-0= Ouch, I think my strap wrench was $10 or $12 at Schmucks and I didn;t have to wait for shipping.

·
Registered
186 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
8-0= Ouch, I think my strap wrench was $10 or $12 at Schmucks and I didn;t have to wait for shipping.
Yes, but that particular wrench is made in North Dakota, where men are men, women are scarce, and sheep are nervous. Once you're done with the crankshaft pulley, you can use it to heat up sterno over a fire before you drink it.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I had this problem as well, ended up using an old belt to stop the pulley from moving and a long tube on a breaker bar.
Always much easier on a manual, just put it in 5th with wheelchocks. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
hammerma said:
So have the Sue come up with a new mascot?
That's a darn Thor subject up here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts