RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remotes used to flash when put in ignition barrel .... Not anymore?

Hi guys another problem!

About six weeks ago after the dash nagging me (makes a change from the other half!) to replace the remote key batteries all seamed fine.

A few weeks back the car battery started going flat and checking it on the machine at work its still a good battery so i suspect its being drained by the car. It will actually go flat over night - quite quickly? So as a temporary get around ive been disconnecting the battery with a rally type isolator at night and then reconnecting it in the morning. This has worked well untill the last few days where the remotes dont seam to be recognised by the car. Which has gotten steadily worse until it was a no go state this morning. Although the remotes will work from about ten feet away when we're up and running...?

Ive read through the relevant pages on alarms etc and cant find specific mention on any instances why the remotes dont flash to tell the Becm to turn off the immobilizer. As i understand it tas the key enters the barrel a switch is trigger to set off a magnetci field that energises the remotes to tell the becm to do its thing.

I tried this morning to "bridge" the key in switch, which im assuming is the little door in the opening of the barrel, hoping that it would initiate the sequence but to noavail.

The car is in keycode/remotes lock out mode with the hazards flashing. It mentions somewhere that it may take thirty mins or so before allowing keycode entry. Ive not tried nor looked for the keycode as of yet as "toys where being thrown out of pram" this morning!

i've got remotes repair kits and new(er) batteries to try tonight although im not so sure....

Any ideas or thoughts gladly accepted! :thumb:

Barny

·
Registered
931 Posts
Re: Remotes used to flash when put in ignition barrel .... Not anymore?

What exactly is the message on the messaqe centre as you should only get" Key code lockout" if you incorrectly enter the EKA code a number of times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts