RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swapped the back for a new one an ddid the batteries at the same time, now the remote wont open the doors!! no problem i'll re-synch it!!
ive tried everything an dit just wont take it!!!!! odd as ive done it before with no problems.
led is blinking on the fob so i know the power is going through the key< cant see how changing the batteries would have damaged anything inside the key!!
any ideas?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sometimes they just wont sync and when you try later they do.Dont know why :twisted:

Havibg said that ,I returned to the RR one day and the remote would not unlock the vehicle.Had to use the EKA to get going.I still have this remote and it will still not sync .The LED however flashes happily.The other remote I have works fine and syncs ok. :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might need to re-program the fob itself. I went through this a couple of months ago while acquiring a back-up remote.

If I remember the process correctly, it goes like this:
1. Insert the key in the driver's door lock.
2. Press and hold the lock button on the fob until you get a rapid flash on the fob's light.
3. With the lock button still held and the light flashing, turn the key to lock the door. Release the lock button.
4. Immediately repeat the process but this time use the unlock button and turn the key to unlock the door.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
thats one of teh synch methods ive tried and stillno joy.
thanks for the thought though.

on a slightly different note, i see on ebay someone selling refurbishment of the keys including circut board checking/repair. anyone used these yet? and if so is it worth it??

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
no. Not yet. There's a couple people working on breaking the code though, to make it worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey rommell,

I had an issue a few years ago when i disconnected my battery. I tried the EKA code 2 resync but no luck. I eventually gave in and took it to the stealer(at that time i was clueless about the door lock actuator). So they replaced the door lock actuator n everything was now working. But those retards half-assed putting back the door handle and said I needed a new 1. I inspected it and told them off and fixed the handle my self by grinding down a piece of the assembly. Till this day no probs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
To : 2000 RR , Know what you mean about the "Stealer" I did take my 98 to the stealer last week for an inspection because I had the Rover in storage the last three years, they told me it was the "door lock actuator" as well. Know the price, best way to take door panel off etc... ??
Thanks
Johnny

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey johnnywadd,

I can't remember the cost, maybe around $200 more or less. There's a few screws to remove with a philips screw driver. I removed the panel prying it with a flat head screwdriver. Just be careful not to damage the tabs. Ur also gonna run into the grey spongy door sealant thing. You can carefully peel that off and stick it back in place when ur done. Its been years since i messed with it but easy to do with a beer n hand. :wink: Oh and ur gonna have to unclip the tweeter harness. good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well still cant get it to synch, i dont see the link to thedoor actuator beingthe problem, the eka code inputs through the lock ok!, looks like i'm going to have to order a new key.

·
Registered
931 Posts
rommell said:
well still cant get it to synch, i dont see the link to thedoor actuator beingthe problem, the eka code inputs through the lock ok!, looks like i'm going to have to order a new key.
I believe Rick at Callrova provides a remote repair service.Give him a call first,he is very knowledgable iin these matters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts