RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this happen twice actually.....all of a sudden, the remote lock/unlock will not work. I changed the battery and it still happens randomly. I am thinking maybe the new battery was dead off the shell. I will be replacing the battery again.
That is minor compared to the fact that the key will not unlock the car manually. I am not sure if am doing something wrong since am still learning a lot about range rovers.
When I try to unlock the car manually by putting the key in the driver door and turning the key, nothing happens. It turns very easily like it should to the left and right but the doors do not unlock/lock.
In a case where the remote does not work, i will be left stranded. I need some troubleshooting advise guys.
could the lock/door mechanism be damaged or is there something am missing in this simple everyday process?

Thanks
olddog

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any idea guys? i cannot unlock the door on the rover manually. there is no stiffness or anythung. it turns left and right with ease but does not unlock the door/s. only way am able to open doors when am outside the car is with the remote.dont want to be caught in a tight spot if remote fails...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
I have the same problem but it got like that ofter I took the door panel off to fix the bubbled up armrest. I havent had time to take it off again and fix it but I'm sure something back there got loose or fell out of its place. If you're handy take it off and have a look around. But before you take the side airbag off disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes. Now that you reminded me I'm gonna try to do it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts