Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
RRS L494 2016
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,
I got a RRS 2016 last year and want to have get remote start for the pre-heater/timed heater I got In my RRS.
I just got the webasto t91 remote from ebay and the seller sent me these instructions:
Programming Telestart Transmitter
1. Place batteries into the battery compartment of the transmitter.
2. Remove fuse 1A (black) from the heater’s fuse holder (voltage interruption).
3. Wait at least 5 seconds.
4. Replace fuse in heater’s fuse holder and within 5 seconds press the OFF
button on the transmitter for at least 1 second.
5. "Learning" is completed.
A second or third hand-held transmitter can be programmed in the same manner.
NOTE:
The learning process can be repeated as often as necessary. The "oldest"
transmitter will be deleted each time.

I dont know how to do that and couldn't find any fuse 1a.

What I can find on the Webb is that fuse 27 5amp is that goes to the transmitter, i tried it and nothing happened.
Sent a help msg to the seller and got this as an answer:

I just checked the fuse list for your Range Rover Sport. Fuse 40 is 20 Amps. Thats for sure for the Fuel Burning Heater itself. The 5 Amp Fuse 27 seems to be the right one. The timing when trying to program is crucial. I would remove the Fuse, wait for few seconds, plug the fuse in, wait for around 1 second and then try to program. If you wait for a more then 4 or 5 seconds than its to late to program. Sometimes you need to try multiple times...

has anyone done this recently who can help, "winter is here" In Sweden. And would love to have the remote feature instead of timed... I took som pics, could someone tell me what i need to do or does my rrs even have the receiver for remote?
Font Adapter Ac adapter Adapter Electronics accessory
Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Denim Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Electrical wiring Gas
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic component Computer hardware Technology
Electrical wiring Aircraft Audio equipment Electronic engineering Technology
Flight instruments Window Vehicle Aircraft Cockpit

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have this feature on the Land Rover Remote APP, if I'm not mistaken this is standard with the 4-way Climate Control System.

·
Registered
RRS L494 2016
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found a bit more info on Web
Apparently there are 2 different manufacturers Land Rover goes with.
Th information i found is that L405/L494/disco4/evoque got the
Eberspächer telestart system
The rest maybe older models got the
Webasto System which goes with t90/t91 remotes

Mine is an eberspächer so now I have to order a new remote 🙃 let's see how this goes...

And I accidentally removed a wrong fuse which ended up with both of my car key remote not working. It was supposed to try on f40 for FBH but removed f41 for Telematic system from behind the glovebox. I think I ended up resetting the keyfobs programming. Buttons stopped working, now need to open it manually from the blade key and then put it on the side of steering wheel to start the car 😅 a costly oops 🙊

1 - 4 of 4 Posts