Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question or poll...

Has anyone had a car starter that cause an engine code to pop up? Or any engine related issues after a remote starter has been installed?

Got a 2004 L322 HSE with BMW M62 engine. Timing everything seems to be fine, car idles and runs fine. It is a bit loud during acceleration before engine hits 3,200rpm. I am getting P0011 and P0021 codes that keeps on popping up every start up, with or without using the car starter. The starter on the car for sure is wired wrong or has a burn out relay, reason being after I start it by starter, then go put the key in the ignition, the key will not communicate with the car and unlock the ignition.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im fairly certain you have 1 fuse blown on the autostart or 1 wire wasn't hooked up correctly(That wire unlocks the IGN switch and allows the key to turn) It shouldn't throw codes though, I wired it this way at first and drove for a day or so, then did some checking added an additional relay and fixed the issue(again no engine codes) So you might have an unrelated issue. Are you in Manitoba or?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.