RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent windshield replacement, including lane assist recalibration of my RSS (2015) (at Autotal glass, a big Dutch windshield replacement service) I suddenly got a Remote app (Android version) 'warning for car maintenance indication' (see screenshot), stating 'the car has reported needing a maintenance service shortly'.
Car had recently maintrnance service, and I also don't get any warning message when starting up the car, neither in the messages center of the car; so I think, this has something to do with the windshield replacement/ recalibration (maybe off battery?).

As I cannot find a way to clear this message from the Remote app, it starts to irritate slightly. Anybody any idea WHY I have got this message and how to get rid of it (in the Remote app? in the car?)?
Thanks for any help with this

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
241 Posts
I only speak/read English so can't tell what the warning is saying but try checking the vehicle status in the menu of the car and see what it says for next service due. The InControl app in the USA also has a Vehicle Health Report but I don't believe there's any way to delete the message from the app. I had my 32K mile service done by a Land Rover dealer and they had problems resetting the service interval warning. Ended up updating the instrument cluster software and were then able to reset using their OBDII device. Difference is I was getting a Service Due message upon start-up. Was your last service done after you got a service due message or before? If before, it's possible the shop just never reset the service timer and you've just reached the point where the vehicle thinks it's needed?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I believe the InControl app communicates with the vehicle through GPS and simply reflects what the vehicle is telling it. If you don't have a service required message from the vehicle and aren't getting any messages at start-up, possibly the app isn't getting updated. Compare the mileage on the vehicle with what is shown on the app as well as whether your daily driving (Journeys) are being logged. I'm only familiar with the USA InControl app (on an iPhone) so apologize if the information on the European Android app is totally different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I've been to my LR dealer and they have reset the service due warning - after which the Remote app message was also gone!
BTW; one of the big miracles of my life is HOW remote app communicates - I have never seen any Sim card atteched; and GPS (as far as I know it) is a one way communication, cannot send, only receive data.
Anybody here who knows how Remote app actually works/gets its data?

·
Registered
241 Posts
You are probably correct as according to the Land Rover website, the vehicle must have a SIM card installed for InControl apps to work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a built-in SIM for the remote and tracker applications.

The user SIM is for nav data, web services (live services), carplay/AA, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a built-in SIM for the remote and tracker applications.

The user SIM is for nav data, web services (live services), carplay/AA, etc.
Which is definitely the right solution, as my car has NO attached (by me) SIM card, I use only the BT functionality for phone calls.
Funny thing is; who pays for the continu, very reliable (and I think, quite huge) data traffic - not only in own country, but all over in Europe (the world?)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts