Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relocated to Raleigh, NC- Looking for a reputable repair shop.

Anyone have advice for reputable repair shops that have knowledge of Land Rovers in the Raleigh-Durham area. Just moved from New York and had to leave behind my house with garage for a 1 bedroom apartment... now I have to put repairs into the hands of someone else so I hope to find a honest repair shop. Any constructive advice would be highly appreciated. Also open to people that have a garage and is open to renting/working on vehicles together.

Below is picture of my truck (and garage I sadly left behind)

View attachment 16461 View attachment 16462 View attachment 16463

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Relocated to Raleigh, NC- Looking for a reputable repair shop.

Thank you for the cross post goosey. I live in Southern Cary off of ten-ten, so that is a great option for me Johnny06! I hope to never need body work but I will make a note of that place just in case. How many other employees does the owner of Discovery Auto have when you have been to the shop? Younger age mechanics?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Relocated to Raleigh, NC- Looking for a reputable repair shop.

ok that sounds good, I have experienced some shops where the owner is never present and some of the inexperienced employees use the "trial and error" repair method all too much and in the end just costs me money. I will drive by this weekend and check out the garage... Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to repost this question regarding a good, honest, repair shop for a RRSSC in Raleigh area. I have visited a few shops locally but always leave with an uneasy feeling. I am not experiencing an issue at the moment but as a new owner, I want to establish a long term mechanic and begin with maintenance and general service. Any first hand advice is appreciated.
As i reviewed my account history and saw this post I thought I would make sure you are satisfied with a shop or I do have 2 recommendations for you. I also do most all of the work myself if you ever need local assistance turning wrenches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you end up going to Discovery? What did you think? What are the two shops you recommend?

Just realized this thread is back from 2012. My 2006 RRS is still going strong at around 113k miles. I've also since then acquired a 2012 FFRR. I love the polish of the FFRR but I still get just as happy and feel more connected with the road when I drive the RRS even though it's 10 years old.
Hi Johnny- How do you like the '12 FFRR? Do you turn wrenches on it yourself often? Sold the RRS about a year after moving down to Raleigh to start another company.... I did do the ~75k factory service at Discovery in Cary and they seemed knowledgable and professional from the most I could tell from a routine service. Even gave me a Discovery 2 for the day! Can't beat that kind of service...

About 18 months ago I purchased a '05 LR3 from a local LR enthusiast and the truck has been phenomenal. It has been a good truck overall; repaired keyless entry sill connections, relocated and seal RF fob receiver in roof, sway bar bushings and new starter. I've been fortunate not to need a shop as I can diagnose 95% of issues in my garage. Looking to pick up a factory grade code/diagnostic reader if your interested, would be great to get a few local people together to share device...

4 weeks ago I flew to Atlanta to pickup the only 06/07 FFRR on the east coast that could prove to me all service records. Now the wife gets a pristine '06 HSE to as a daily driver. It has been fun restoring her back to showroom condition, internally and externally.

Other shops in the area I've herd good things about:
- Euro Motors on Capital (they are pushing the used car inventory more than just a dedicated repair shop it seems)
- Sevan Motorworx (referral, have not been here yet)

Both our trucks are Bonatti Grey, the wife likes that we have matching cars but I can't personally agree to that...

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.