RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rangerover 1997 4.6
If i bypass the realy the blowers work fine but otherwise they dont work.There seems to be an issue with the negative feed to the relay?

Conector c174 - The blue 8 pin connector that goes to relay 7 - The positive side seems ok but i have put a multimeter to the wire white/light green which i believe is the negative wire that activates the relay and im getting an neagative output that slowly increases but not enough to activate relay 7 - Can anyone advis what sort of voltage should be coming through when the ignition is on and where does the negative come from, eg becm

Next step i thik is to dismatle the fusebox and solder, But i want to make sure what feeds the negative wire?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The fusebox consist out of 2 PCB's. I am away from home so can not check for you but you can read more info on the main site:

http://rangerovers.net/repairdetails/el ... sebox.html

The negative feed is most likely a common copper strip on the PCB connected to a negative wire at one of the connectors via one of the pins at the side. As you can read in the above link problems with the AC blower motor relays are common. I have a old fusebox at home where you can follow the circuit of the blowers easily because the heat have left the tracks collered brown at the back of the pcb.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I belive the negative in put from the becm is the white/green wire which feeds to the fuse box - this appears the read the same current as the relay pin, very low negative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts