RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to resolve whether or not to recharge my aircon system or not . The system does show zero pressure on manual gauges although my Gap tool is coming up with 5.33 bar in the system diagnostics.
I have measured the voltage coming into the sensor to be 5.0v G/yellow and with the plug off , also showing 5v with the Blck/slate also 5v , plug in the feed to the sensor the B/Slate shows .44v . So no pressure signal back to Hevac. Why would the diagnostic show 5.3 bar in that case .
I don't have huge amounts of money , so wasting a fill would not be wise .
Oh to add further , compressor clutch has a feed of 9v only . If I give it 12v on a direct feed it engages.
Can anyone throw some explanation to this please.
Cheers Pat

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is it worthwhile attaching an analog gauge to "L" and verifying the sensor readout?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Many thanks , I did this as the above thread says , sorry if not clear. It was the confliction of the two readings (Gap Tool v gauge)that confused me .
Didn't want to waste refrigerant when sensor could be wrong and needing replaced, if you see what I mean. Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
There are many times when a sensor fails, and creates disagreement and confusion for the computer. Two things are at play here. One is the sensor causing confusion for the technician. 5.55 bar is about 75-80 psi, which is about correct depending on ambient temperature. There should be a high pressure sensor as well, and when the A/C is disengaged, the readings should be pretty close. Gauges properly connected to the charging ports should reflect about 75-80 psi.
Question: applying 12 volts to the wiring made the compressor engage. Do you now get cold air from the vents? Does the low side of the system show condensation, indicating cooling? Let's determine which reading is incorrect and go from there. Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts