RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum - I have a 2006 RR HSE and have been getting the reduced performance message. I had the mass airflow sensor changed (by non-RR shop)but a few weeks later the message returned. Any ideas on whats next or a fix. Thanks 8~

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's funny, I read that thread last night and laughed a lot at all the people that were ready to coach somebody on driving fast instead of answering the question that was asked.

Seems like the answer that was provided was welcome to owning a rangie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i read the post. I was not going up hills just doing 70mph on a level road. I have had this message before and twice since I had the MAF changed out. I have read somewhere that the computer system may need to be rebooted or something like that. BTW this is my second RR last one was a 1996. Will await more info. Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Did the shop that replaced the air flow meter do so based on a specific diag. trouble code they got off the car or did they just guess that was the most likely cause? Whenever you get a Reduced Engine Performance fault, a corresponding DTC is usually recorded in the ECM and can be retrieved using the approved Land Rover diagnostics (IDS.) The code should be able to identify the part that caused the fault to pop up. While it is often a bad MAF sensor, I heard that a bad throttle position sensor can also cause it. FYI, on my 2006 RRS the Reduced Engine Performance message would not cause any immediate performance issues, the car would keep running fine and the fault would eventually extinguish after a few more miles of driving... until I came to a stop. Then the engine would often stall and I'd have to restart it. A new MAF sensor did it for me. Welcome to the forum, good luck and keep us posted if you resolve the issue for good!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Rbarnes said:
It's funny, I read that thread last night and laughed a lot at all the people that were ready to coach somebody on driving fast instead of answering the question that was asked.

Seems like the answer that was provided was welcome to owning a rangie.
What's funny is the answer to the question is, "don't abuse the range." If you drive it fast and beat the crap out of it you're going to run into systems trying to protect themselves. Error messages that lock suspension, reduce performance, etc.

That being said get a land rover shop to pull the codes to see exactly what triggered it, then go from there...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those reduced power or reduced engine performance do not point to the same issues when with an HSE and With a Super charged . For the Super charged there are at least 2 known issues , one with the supercharger cooling system , the other one i do not remember exactly . ( all this can be found in the GTR part of the LR website , after you pay for it )

So make sure not to jump into conclusions when you the reasons are different with very different power plants .

Jaybear .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I was due for inspection and the tech. (Mr. Sticker) read the codes and it showed MAF sensor and cooling, so the sensor and the thermostat was changed. It does sometime stalls out when the speed is reduced. I do want this fixed but I am trying to avoid large $$$$$$ with the dealer looking, I would expect that they mey have seen this problem and have a fix for it. I am writing down all of this info to carry with me. Keep it coming. Thanks fellow RR owners.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
I am having this same issue. Can you recommend for purchase the appropriate diagnostic tool?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
i have experienced something similar. i got the car, second hand so I do not know much about it backgrond. on the city I have had no issue but when I take the car to highway a run it over 100 kmh for more than 20 minutes the "reduced engine performance" fault appears. I turned off the car started agian and it goes back to normal. only happens during long runs.

the check engine yellow ligth is on but accordingto the mecanic is because of the purge valve hose that has a leak.

i read about some wires of the auw cooling pumpo that are connected inverse. any idea? and how can that be a regular problem? bad wiring from the factory. i wan to know how to fix the problem because I cannnot travel long distances without this heppens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts