RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been getting random reduced engine performance warning for the last two weeks and then today I get one and the check engine light comes on. Does anyone know what the issue is, nothing seems different in terms of function. The car (it's a RR HSE 06) shifts normally the temperature is fine, and nothing seems wrong except the warning light is still on.
What does the reduced engine performance even mean?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
If it is complaining about the MAF, take it to the dealer, check the ECM software. You need an update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, just a note further on the "Reduced Engine Performance" problem since I've had it too, off and on. Since I've changed back to premium fuel, I've been fine. Sounds like a simple fix, I know. Wish I had thought of it earlier. I got slack at the pump and now realize that regular gas just won't cut it. I've had the error, and the engine light, had to pull over and re-start...all of it sporadically. The symptoms were gone on the first full tank.

I have an '06 Sport Supercharged & appreciate the posted info on the MAF, the thermostat, the differences between the HSE and mine, problems with the supercharger water pump, etc. I'm just throwing my findings out in case it saves someone a dealer visit. Regards, Lori :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the dealer had the MAF replaced at their suggestion. On the drive back I got the warning again, but no check engine. It goes on and off very randomly, but the last few days it hasn't showed up. I always give my HSE 93 Octane as recommend. I hope this issue disappears.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lori said:
Hey guys, just a note further on the "Reduced Engine Performance" problem since I've had it too, off and on. Since I've changed back to premium fuel, I've been fine. Sounds like a simple fix, I know. Wish I had thought of it earlier. I got slack at the pump and now realize that regular gas just won't cut it. I've had the error, and the engine light, had to pull over and re-start...all of it sporadically. The symptoms were gone on the first full tank.

I have an '06 Sport Supercharged & appreciate the posted info on the MAF, the thermostat, the differences between the HSE and mine, problems with the supercharger water pump, etc. I'm just throwing my findings out in case it saves someone a dealer visit. Regards, Lori :)

A friend of mine having had everything checked by the dealer , MAF, the thermostat, the differences between the HSE and mine, problems with the supercharger water pump, etc. , finally had his problem cured when they did check another fuse box in the supercharged which is situated in trunk . and they changed a faulty fuse ( related to the supercharger i think ) and now 4 month without an issue and the **** beast is just a rocket !!!

so check this fuse box !!! `8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts