RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would really appreciate opinions from those in the know about the benefits of running a bottle of Redex Petrol Injector Fuel system cleaner through the 2006 AJ-V8 Jaguar engine at next fill up?

No real problems with the car but after 50,000mls I thought the injectors may need a bit of a freshen up...

Want to be sure that I do not cause any problems that I do not have already , Range Rover L322s being such sensitive beasts!

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Being that petrol is a fairly good solvent anyway, I would say your injectors will be spic and span.

I've heard that injector cleaner can strip the varnish off the fuel lines and then the flakes can block the injectors, I've also heard it can strip the coating off the inside of the injectors, so if it aint broke, dont fx it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Being that petrol is a fairly good solvent anyway, I would say your injectors will be spic and span.

I've heard that injector cleaner can strip the varnish off the fuel lines and then the flakes can block the injectors, I've also heard it can strip the coating off the inside of the injectors, so if it aint broke, dont fx it.
Thanks Dan,

Also - I have been using Premium Unleaded mainly with occasional Basic Unleaded fill ups. Which do you recommend/use?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
I use premium, but then because I'm LPG I don't have to fill up often. BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax contains more detergents than your usual stuff!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan_UK_1984 said:
I use premium, but then because I'm LPG I don't have to fill up often. BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax contains more detergents than your usual stuff!
I have been weighing up going back to LPG but to get a Prins VSI it's £2000 and thats an 18 month commitment to the car just to break even and I swap cars quite a bit :?

PS I have been getting 16.5 average mpg combined but more urban 2 mile school run than Motorway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts