RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My 2016 RRSSCDA came with plain unpainted calipers ,but they are Brembo's. large 1 in front and smaller caliper in the rear. What were they thinking here.
All I see is red calipers everywhere on this site . I GOT TO HAVE THESE . it looks incomplete without .
So do they make red covers for these or is the caliper red paint? Has anyone done this and if so where can I get them?
thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
some owners on this forum have painted them before. I don't remember who or when though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi All,
My 2016 RRSSCDA came with plain unpainted calipers ,but they are Brembo's. large 1 in front and smaller caliper in the rear. What were they thinking here.
All I see is red calipers everywhere on this site . I GOT TO HAVE THESE . it looks incomplete without .
So do they make red covers for these or is the caliper red paint? Has anyone done this and if so where can I get them?
thanks in advance.
Same for my 2012 L322 S/C they’re Brembo but say Range Rover and are silver.

On Tire Rack’s website there are options for big(ger) brake kits up to 405mm IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2018 V8 Sport which also has the silver Land Rover labeled calipers. Would have preferred the red but those only came with the Dynamic package.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
They had options for non-red Brembos from 2017 and before. I think after that it's Land Rover branding on the calipers.

I agree the red brake calipers look very sharp.

At any rate your options are to get them painted or to try to source OEM red calipers only.

·
Registered
129 Posts
There has been talk of people using the 405mm big brake kits on X5's and it not clearing the 20" wheels. Be prepared for 21" or 22" if you go that route.

Did the math (for we non-metric people) and we're 0.060" shy of a full 16" rotor on those bad boys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
keep the OEM calipers. Just paint them which ever color you want. Most auto performance shops can do this job.
The shop that painted mine painted them red and added a black Brembo logo on it.
I’m going to be repainting them to white with a black Brembo logo.
I also replaced the rotors to drill rotors and the set up looks fantastic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to paint the calipers gloss black . The wife doesn't want the red calipers that will look like crap and ruin a 100k auto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
ddm2k
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing