RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo,
So, this is my first post here, yet I have to ask some questions...:)
I have a 2007 L322, 3.6 v8 disel
And I have a (!) icon on the dashboard with RED light on (but not always, sometimes it disapear).
When this icon is on, the message centre says check brake pads.
When it is off, the MC says nothing.
In fact, I need to replace front discs and pads soon, but pads warning should be orange, not red right?
So why it is red?
It is also not parking brake problem, as if it was, (P) icon should be on.
Brakes work fine, no problem. No ABS issues or any other sympthoms.
Fluid level is ok and stable.
Braking power also good.
Strange is that sometimes, say every 20-30 minutes of driving, this icon goes off...but after another few minutes it is on again... where should I start to look?
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
If the message centre says to check the brake pads wouldn't it be prudent to check all your brake pads? In fact you should inspect for any anomalies while under there. The sensors work by wearing through a wire loop. If the loop is broken the light will illuminate and the message will appear. If you have a front or rear sensor connector with corrosion it can give intermittent warnings. Likewise a loose connection can do the same as it bounces around. If the sensor had been fully triggered the message would always be there until the sensor is replaced or defeated.

As far as the indicator colour please consult your owners manual. The colour will be amber OR red depending on the message that is displayed... at least over here. As we don;t know where you are located we can not take market differences into account.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm in Poland, and my RR was sold as new here (it is not imported).
I will certainly replace pads and rotors :) - but I use to have P38 before, and I know from experience, that the fact it says something, doesn't certainly means it is true :)
So from what you are saying, the sensors are 'one time use' right ?
When once trigered, has to be replaced ?
Many thanks for the answers :)!!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Once fully triggered they can not be reused. They are about $27 US. However, since your light and message do not stay on they most likely haven't worn through yet. I am still betting on a loose or corroded connector. If I remember correctly the front sensor is on the left side and rear sensor is on the right side. Only two sensors for four wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the story continues..
I just replaced a complete brakeson front (rotors,pads, sensor).
Rear is good.
Now...how to make the red lamp go away?
I tryed booth methods I found (key to possition 2 for 30 sec) and pressing buttons on the dash...
No joy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts