1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Airbag light, car tilted whilst parked and suspension fault

Hi All

I have the airbag light illuminated on my 2005 RRS for the last 4 days whilst driving and would like to know if there is any common faults which might be worth checking before sending it to the garage.

I also have a problem when parked which is the car tilts to one side after parking for an hour or so, if left overnight it has completely dropped on one side, again is there something I can check first before going to a garage.

My last problem is after driving for about half an hour I get the suspension fault message and the light illuminates amber on the dashboard.
Any help greatly appreciated

Andy

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Re: Red Airbag light, car tilted whilst parked and suspension fault

Regarding the airbag light, it's probably a fractured wire connecting rotary coupler to airbag in your steering wheel. That wire used to wear out and eventually break over time due to friction, there was even a recall here in North America for certain MY05-06 RRS and Disco / LR3s (my car was affected and in fact my airbag light did turn on, first intermittently and then steadily until the dealer performed the recall repair.) Get it checked as soon as possible, because if that's the issue the steering wheel airbag will not deploy in case of a severe collision.

The vehicle leaning on one side could be due to a bad EAS cross check valve on either front or rear valve blocks, and the amber suspensions fault while you are driving could be... a million things, from something as silly as a bad brake light bulb or switch to a faulty ABS sensor - or worse. Best to get the diagnostic trouble codes downloaded by a suitably equipped shop or dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Red Airbag light, car tilted whilst parked and suspension fault

Thanks for the advice I will check the above and let you know my findings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts